Monday, August 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - August 20, 2012

The weeks are rolling right along now.  Not too many changes in the menu from last week.  As the menu stands now, we have a pasta night and a pizza night alternating on our "busy" nights.  So far this seems to be working, although I know that in another week or two the schedule will get even busier with soccer and then later Nutcracker.  The good thing about a weekly plan is that you can see what works and change it the next week.  The past few weeks I have been trying a new recipe on Monday (see Recipe Update).  I decided to try another new recipe tonight Korean BBQ using tofu.  I've made this marinade before, but have used beef in the recipe.  I am excited to try it with the tofu and see how it works out.



Sunday - Comfort meatballs (Pioneer Woman, but I use my baked meatballs instead), homemade dinner rolls, roasted zucchini

Monday - Korean BBQ - I plan on using a pureed kiwi in place of the pear juice to make a thicker sauce, rice, broccoli

Tuesday - Pasta Primavera

Wednesday - Grilled Chicken fajitas with avocado, salsa, etc.

Thursday - Homemade Pizza, veggies

Friday (Field Trip day) - Spaghetti and Meatballs (the kids have been begging for weeks), challah, salad.  Meatballs already made and in the freezer.  Just have to pop them in the Crock-pot with some sauce and boil some pasta. 

For more menu ideas, please visit MPM at orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi! That pic of spaghetti & meatballs is making me hungry, yum! That happens to be my favorite food, LOL!

    ReplyDelete