Monday, April 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 4/16/12

Keeping it short and simple this week.  Back to breads and pasta, yeah!  The kids did very well last week through Passover.  Only a few melt-downs and protests for oatmeal and mac-n-cheese from the three year old.  We'll see what next year brings, but a big sigh of relief to move on right now. 

So I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner this week and the only answer I received was spaghetti and meatballs.  So spaghetti and meatballs it is!

Sunday - Spaghetti and meatballs (big shocker, I know!)
Monday - Roasted chicken and matzo ball dumplings (leftover from Friday night's dinner).  The dumplings come from this recipe from Sara Moulton.  The recipe used to be on the food network site, but I can't find it anymore.  I don't totally follow the recipe (no butter, of course), but I think the idea of matzo balls as dumplings is fantastic.  They are great with either roast chicken or brisket.  My kids love matzo balls, so this is a nice change from soup. 

Tuesday - Ravioli

Wednesday - Leftover Spaghetti and meatballs

Thursday - Maybe homemade pizza?

Friday - Not sure yet. 
 

Looking for more recipes?  Please check out MPM on orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment