Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Hot Chocolate on a Stick





Hot Chocolate on a Stick -

Foodie With Family posted this recipe for hot chocolate on a stick over a year ago and I've been waiting to make it for gift-giving back in December.  The cocoa base is adapted from a King Arthur Flour recipe (always a good choice, in my opinion) and the marshmallow topper is very similar to the marshmallow recipe I make all of the time (like for school baking projects).




I made the cocoa block and marshmallow recipes in separate 8" x 8" pans.  The pans were lightly greased with cooking spray and then lined with parchment.  I allowed them to set up at room temperature for about a day before slicing into 36 pieces each.  I used lollipop sticks and little gift bags to complete the package.  I made two batches in December and they disappeared quickly.  I need to make one more batch this week for people we missed last month.  I'm kind of hoping there will be a few extra this time.  The picture at the top was actually the only one I tried, but it was very yummy!!!

In case you are wondering what I made for last year's gifts check out Caramel Sauce with Sea Salt!  Now, what to make for next year???

Note:  I forgot to mention that the recipes for marshmallows use the standard unflavored gelatin packs that are in most grocery stores (like Knox).  I order a Kosher gelatin online and use the equivalent amount, 2 Tablespoons, instead of 3 packets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment