Sunday, January 29, 2012

Honeybell Orange Marmalade



Honeybell Orange Marmalade


Recently we received a box of honeybell oranges from Florida (thanks Mom!).  If you have never had these particular oranges they are extremely heavy with juice and very sweet.  I saw this recipe via punk domestics.  I think the oranges this year were particularly large.  The recipe uses 5 oranges to make 3 cups of orange pulp.  I used five oranges and ended up with 5 cups of pulp.  I needed to do a bit of recalculation on the sugar measurement.  I didn't end up adding any extra rind with it (and probably should have).  The result was a very "soft" jam, but very yummy!  I ended up with 6 half-pints full.  The recipe is pretty straight-forward and easy except for the more labor-intensive removal of the zest.   A little taste of sunshine in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment