Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 11/14/11

Well, the "ick" has officially invaded the house again.  The kids started feeling sick on Thursday, and now are on the mend.  I've been feeling run-down the last week or so, but it developed into a cold for me too this weekend.  Blah!  Is all I have to say about that.  Some of the plans fell apart last week.  We did homemade chicken soup and breadsticks on Thursday and skipped soccer practice.  Stayed in all weekend.  This is the last week of soccer, so hopefully everyone will be well enough.  Trying to take it easy this week, we'll see how that goes (still have mini-real baking and dance, too)!  Just putting a plan out there, although I know it may change as the week goes on.  The only project I got done this weekend was trying my hand at homemade ravioli.  Although far from perfect, certainly something I would like to try again.  No matter how they looked, they tasted really yummy.  And hit the spot to comfort this cold. 


Sunday - Pumpkin Ravioli with sage brown butter sauce.  I made the pumpkin pasta from this recipe from Leite's Culinaria with a simple ricotta filling.  And just like Jennifer in Mamaland, I loaded up on the cheap (50 cents a piece) pie pumpkins at Kroger this year.  I've been roasting, pureeing and freezing cups and cups of pumpkin.  This weekend I also made pumpkin pancakes, which were a hit!

Monday - Meatloaf, oven-roasted sweet potato fries, broccoli

Tuesday - Leftover pasta, veggies

Wednesday - Not sure yet.  Perhaps chicken and rice bake.

Thursday - Homemade Pizza

Friday - Roasted Turkey.  I tried this recipe  for Pumpkin Challah from The Challah Blog a few weeks ago and we really liked it.  I've tweaked the recipe a bit (added oil to make 1/2 cup, not 1/4).  I'm thinking of making more this week and freezing some for Thanksgiving.  Maybe as a pan of challah pull-aparts, with cinnamon sugar, hmm.  Not sure yet.

If you are looking for more recipe and menu ideas, please visit MPM at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment