Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 6/13/11

Menu Plan Monday - 6/13/11

Another week of heat predicted here.  Still no rain.  My poor garden is starting to burn up.  I was able to pick a few snap peas last week and put them in the pasta, pesto and peas, but I'm not sure I will get any more if we don't get a bit of rain.  I started making the marshmallow fondant for Miss D's BD.  I tried both the double-boiler method and the microwave method for melting the marshmallows.  The microwave is clearly the faster method, but involves cleaning another bowl.  My solution was to use the 1/2 cup of shortening to "grease" the bowl for melting and then the remaining for the bowl and paddle of the mixer.  MUCH easier!  Why didn't I think of that the first time??  Anyway, now they are nicely tucked away in the fridge until I decorate the cake. 


Monday - Turkey Burgers, grilled potato wedges, broccoli

Tuesday- Baked Ziti, salad, French bread


Wednesday - Grilled Honey BBQ Chicken



Thursday - Pierogi (frozen) with sauteed onions

Friday - Spaghetti  and Meatballs


For more menu ideas, please visit MPM at orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. Great looking menu! That grilled chicken sounds delish!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we're parched here, too. Definitely need some rain! Your menu sounds good - found you from Menu Plan Monday and followed via GFC. Hope you'll visit me at http:EverythingBeautifulInItsTime.com!

    ReplyDelete