Friday, June 17, 2011

Candy Dots


Candy Dots

Miss D's birthday is getting closer and the RSVP's are coming in, so I wanted to share with you today's project.  A little something sweet for the table.  I am so in love with the new meringue powder I ordered (Americolor premium).  Who knew there would be such a difference in taste from the standard stuff I've been buying at the craft store?  This was a very quick and easy project.  I think it made a nice ombre color of hot pink to purple.  Please don't mind the uneven lines.  Next time I need to sit at the table rather than hover over sheet pans with children at my side :).    Anyway, for the Royal icing:


2 tsp. meringue powder
3+ Tbs. water
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
gel paste color (2 colors)

Cut sheets of paper (2" x 11") and lay out on cookie sheets.  Add meringue powder, water and sugar in a bowl.  Using a mixer to blend for about five minutes, adding water to make smooth consistency.  Divide into two bowls. Add color(s) and transfer to two piping bags.  Start with one color, clip off tip of piping bag and begin piping dots.  After a few rows add a bit of the second color to the first piping bag.  Continue piping and adding more of the second color to the first color until all the icing is complete.  This will gradually blend the color to create that ombre look.

No comments:

Post a Comment