Monday, May 31, 2010

Rainbow Cake

Rainbow Cake

Ok, so I saw this cake on the Martha show and thought it was so cool. Then I find out Miss D's school is having colors week for her last week of school ending on Friday with Rainbow day.  I can't pass up such an opportunity, can I?  No!  But I needed to modify it.  First, I didn't want a large 6-layer cake staring at me from the fridge, and second, I really wanted to use up some yogurt and lemons we already had.  So, I used this recipe for Lemon Yogurt Cake from the Barefoot Contessa in place of the white cake for the recipe.  I used my small (5" x 1") cake rounds that take about 1/2 cup of batter per pan.  Thankfully, the recipe make just about 3 cups of batter, so it worked out well for the 6 colors.  I used just a basic cream cheese frosting.  Please excuse the cake leaning a bit.  It was very hot and I should have chilled between layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment